Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Senior Security Event Analyst for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA).
- Conduct detailed investigation and research of security events within NATO Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) team
- Analyse firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced system security events and present findings
- Provide detailed technical reports about incidents and capability improvements
- Share security event/incident information with stakeholders via presentations and technical reports
- Appropriately leverage the comprehensive extended toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices etc) to identify malicious activity. Be able to recommend improvements to enable enhancing investigations
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise supporting the end-to-end Cyber Security Incident Handling process
- Propose possible optimisations and enhancement which help to both maintain and improve NATO’s Cyber Security posture
- Conduct technical reports and presentations regarding his area of responsibility
A university degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) content and 4 years of specific experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency; that is, at least 7 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
Expert level in at least three of the following areas and a high level of experience in several of the other areas:
- Security Incidents Event Management products (SIEM) – e.g. Splunk,
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) – e.g. SourceFire, Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention
- Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Full Packet Capture systems – e.g. Niksun, RSA/NetWitness
- A variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone, online and network)
- Computer incident response centre (CIRT), computer emergency response team (CERT)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Proficiency in Intrusion/Incident Detection and Handling
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications
- Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as GCIA, GNFA, GCIH.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Splunk Enterprise Security suite
- A good understanding of Security, Orchestrations, Automation and Response (SOAR) concepts and their benefits to the protection of CIS infrastructures
- Solid knowledge and experience in monitoring threats in a cloud environment
- A solid understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.