Field(s) of expertise
About this job
We are recruiting a Senior Technician for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA)
Under the supervision of the Head, Creative Media Conference Services (CMCS), but often on own initiative, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Creating print and digital assets for the NCI Academy’s multimedia and graphics projects, including but not limited to brochures, instructional design, animation, motion graphics, interactive displays and (multimedia) presentations to support the education and learning communication and marketing objectives of the NCI Academy;
- Monitoring and safeguarding the proper use of the Agency’s brand and visual identity;
- Providing professional, high quality and cost effective printing ondemand and reproduction services;
- Coordinating and liaising with the wider CMCS team to ensure that the Academy’s requirements are met, and to request support from team members when specific expertise is needed;
- Participating in graphical and digital publishing projects;
- Staying abreast of all professional software and hardware developments, and industry developments in the area of responsibility;
- Assignments include: duties to back-up similar functions for other NCI Agency locations;
- Performs other duties as may be required
Experience and Education:
- Hold a valid NATO Secret Security Clearance
- Vocational or academic training at a higher level in a relevant discipline of digital design, or;
- Equivalent combination of qualifications and experience;
- A minimum 5 years post-related experience;
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant discipline;
- Experience working on graphic projects related to education and learning (creation of eLearning material, support to course presentations etc.);
- Interpret concepts into a design that will deliver an effective user experience;
- Be able to think outside-the-box when bringing stories to life in the digital space;
- Expert knowledge of the main creative media production tools in use at the NCI Agency, notably the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite design tools;
- Knowledge of authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate.
- Able to work as a member of a creative team
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of UI and UX design processes and methodologies, particularly as applied to digital products;
- Experience in producing creative media in a cross-media context;
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Office applications;
- Able to work with both PC and MAC. The NCI Agency is a Windows environment, but the creative media production segment is partially MAC-based;
- Working experience with office automation tools (Microsoft Office);
- Experience in other working areas covered by CMCS in order to perform back-up duties in these areas when required;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT
- A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages (B2 and above), both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
- NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
Competencies or Personal Attributes:
- Creating and Innovating
- Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
- Working with People
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organizational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 31/03/2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.