Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are recruiting an External Contracts Oversight Program Manager for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA).
The duties range from daily routine work, reviewing studies and perform own studies with the aim to ensure cost effective solutions and provisioning of enabling external contracts in support of NATO CIS Services. Under the direction of NV2 Operations Manager and the Service Delivery Manager Transmission Services, but mainly under his/her own initiative, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Manage the leased transmission services contracts with commercial telecom providers
- Manage the national defence network services as directed by the relevant agreements
- Interface with contractors, mainly with the primary transmission service provider, to request resources and services covered by existing service provision contracts
- Perform analyses and prepare cost estimates to meet operational requirements and to support new projects
- Review, standardise and ensure that validated new requirements are included in yearly NCCB budget submissions. Edit and consolidate new leased circuit requirements
- Control any change to leased transmission services and ensures appropriate action to safeguard cost effective routing for new requirements;
- Perform duties to support fund management of the transmission services;
- Follow the changes in revenue and expenditure and the overall status of budget and open commitments and encumbrance. Take action in case of funds shortage or underspending
- Obtain price proposals for new projects
- Provide inputs to Service Support Packages (SSP) regarding the schedule and scope of transmission services. Make sure SSP revenue is properly planned and spent for transmission services
- Perform analysis to contribute service rate and to cost model calculations
- Request transmission services and technical support via requisitions in the Enterprise Business Application. Draft deviation requests, provide support to bidding arrangements.
- Ensure implementation of billing procedures; validate bills for payments, create the receipts; negotiate correction of bills where necessary with the vendors and ensure reimbursement is received
- Maintain continuous liaison with other Agency branches on all aspects of managing, supporting, servicing, funding, enhancing of the leased transmission services
- Draft detailed budget requirements for the upcoming year(s) including all transmission services (leased, line of sight and real life support for transmission services)
- Follow the yearly budget proposal process
- liaise with COO, ACQ, and ACO as needed to support submissions to NOR / BC.
- Produce summary and narrative explanation of the significant changes between the current and forecast budget year, supported by detailed reports including all transmission services
- Follow and produce reports on service performance, sponsor service performance meetings
- Make sure service credits are correctly applied and reimbursement is received
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Needs to hold a Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognized/certified University in a related discipline (such as Information Systems, business management, Financial Management and Acquisition) with 2 years post related experience;
- Alternatively a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognized/certified University in a related subject with 4 years post related experience
- Exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by a demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency, that is, at least 6 years extensive and progressive expertise in duties related to the function of the post.
- Hold a valid NATO Secret Security Clearance
Incumbents must have
- Minimum 2 years of prior contracting experience at the management level and a comprehensive understanding of the purchase requisition process.
- Knowledge of and experience with Communications and Information systems
- Experience in planning, installing and managing large, modern military and civilian networks
- Experience in long haul, high capacity and performance communications systems
- Experience in preparing communications systems budget
- Familiarity with and confident use of Microsoft Office automation products.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Experience in military or even participation to operational planning in military operations,
- Development of Contract documents in support to projects in particular in the area of multinational logistics activities and procurements.
- Desirable experience includes additional tours in financial management positions, supply management or logistics.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
- Holding an ITILv3 Foundation, training/certification will be considered an asset.
- Holding a Cisco CCNA certificate will be a bonus
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.