Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are recruiting a NRF Change Manager for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA).
- Configuration management
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorised change, diversion and inappropriate use.
- Change management
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- IT Service Change Management
- Provides status reports for implemented IT service changes to senior management.
- Implements routine changes in a live IT service environment.
- Generates schedule and time estimates for IT service changes.
- Participates in analysing risks, costs and benefits of proposed IT service changes.
- Documents procedures and changes made in IT service.
- Additional specific responsibilities for this post:
- Support NRF MN Change Advisory Board (CAB) Chairperson on his functions.
- Perform IT Change Management on support to NRF MN Service Management
- Reviews risk & impact analysis to ensure that this has been performed thoroughly and categorisation of RFCs is carried out correctly;
- Coordinate impact and interaction of change activities with other Service management processes.
- Ensures that appropriate actions have been planned to minimize risk of failure and impact on users during change implementations;
- Ensures timing of implementation does not conflict with other planned changes or events;
- Request to NRF MN CAB Chairperson for urgent CAB meetings for all urgent RFCs;
- Acting chair of CAB meetings in absence of CAB Chairperson;
- Liaises with NCI Agency Service/System Managers, Project and Lifecycle Managers to ensure that Change Management is in place throughout complete lifecycle of all assigned systems
- Duties & Role:
- Liaises with NRF affiliates change managers to ensure a federated consistent Change Management process
- Liaises with necessary parties to co-ordinate proper assessments, change testing and implementation.
- Obtains approval for changes by creating work orders and assigning them to appropriate service owners and customer representatives;
- Evaluate all RFCs to ensure:
- o Originators provide clear and complete Statements of Requirement and Justification;
- o Originators provide all essential information and documentation to facilitate appropriate review, testing and assessment;
- Ensure appropriate assignment of categories, requested actions and priorities
- Collect and distribute all RFCs for CAB meetings, issues meeting agendas and Records of Discussion.
- Monitors the progress of all change activities.
- Closes Change Requests when implementation is successfully completed
- Confirm that deployment of all changes to services, systems, software and hardware are planned and coordinated/agreed with NRF affiliates, NCI Agency Service Lines, ChM, CSUs, Operations Centre, data centres and customers/users;
- Confirm that changes are following Agency Deployment Schedule
- Ensure, in conjunction with systems Release Manager and SLs, that all deployments can be rolled-back or remedied if unsuccessful;
- Ensure, in conjunction with requesters, that necessary plans, supporting materials and resources are made available to implementers to facilitate effective delivery of Early Life Support (ELS) and Service Operations;
- Ensure that deployment of new releases does not compromise integrity, availability (including data migration) and functioning of any components of deployed baseline, and; Ensure that deployments are measured for success and failure in conjunction with Quality Assurance and Quality Management practices to assure utility and warranty.
- Ensure that all lessons learned shall be incorporated into Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Verify that the Local Data Media Library (DML) has been updated
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- Education, Experience and Training (essential):
- 2+ years function related experience;
- Experience in Configuration Management, Configuration Control and Status Accounting;
- Practical experience in usage of configuration management tools, in particular BMC ITSM
- Experience with ITIL change and configuration management best practices;
- Experience leading meetings and committees;
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles;
- Experience in operation of Change Advisory Boards (CAB).
- Training/Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation
- Education, Experience and Training (desirable):
- Experience in military organizations, operations and /or exercises
- Experience applying QA and IV&V procedures;
- Training/Certifications: Certificate in ITIL Expert Level in IT Service Management; Certificates of ITIL Intermediate Level, in particular Service Transition and /or Release Control and Validation.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.