Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
We are recruiting two Operational Analyst to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA) Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Candidate will undertake range of tasks to support development of Warfare Development Agenda within Allied Command Transformation (ACT) (Norfolk, VA, USA). Candidate will provide Analytical Support to Warfare Development Fusion Core Team (WDF CT) on following tasks, including:
- Collect, collate and analyze data from NATO and Allies national documents relevant to the WDA’s agreed lines of delivery.
- Collect, collate and analyze data relevant to the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies on WDA’s agreed lines of delivery.
- Collect, collate and analyze data from ACT’s Campaign Plan relevant to the WDA’s agreed lines of delivery.
- Use the appropriate range of Operational Analysis tools such as development and analysis of scenarios, spreadsheet analysis, soft OA techniques to support military decision making, limited use of GIS, simulation, simple statistical analysis, use of solver and ability to successfully communicate findings in a clear understandable manner.
- Identify, based on the analysis, the required updates of current NATO policies, new concepts to be developed and potential resource implications.
- Prepare results to be captured in MS PowerPoint and MS Word documents.
- Supporting WDF CT staff in the creation, updating and presentation of supporting documentation/reports.
- Be expert level in the use of MS tools and the ability to produce accurate (i.e. validated and consistent) data sets under time pressure.
- The deliverables from the candidate will typically consist of contribution to the ACT products and deliverables.
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- Operational Analysis and Operations Research background, candidate will have a proven track record of providing OA/OR support in a military context.
- Proven experience and knowledge of working within NATO.
- Recent experience in the application of OR techniques for analysis of military problems, particularly in military planning.
- Knowledge and experience of using and applying a wide range of OA techniques including development and analysis of scenarios, spreadsheet analysis, soft OA techniques to support military decision making, limited use of GIS, simulation, simple statistical analysis.
- A university degree in Mathematics, Business, Operations Research (OR) or related mathematics-based scientific discipline.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office suite in particular MS Excel and MS Access.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. Possess good briefing skills and demonstrate a ‘can-do attitude’.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment providing fit for purpose, quick analysis as directed by WDF CT.
- Prior experience of working in OA position for NATO.
- Knowledge of NWCC and NATO Defence Planning Process (NDPP).
- Knowledge of Emerging and Disruptive Technologies (EDT).
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.