Our client is involved in establishing the requirements and assuring the delivery of the UK’s next generation of military satellite system. They are applying industry best practice to guide the Ministry of Defence in the procurement of a satellite capability that will support their military personnel in the most challenging of environments.
We have opportunities for Junior and Senior Systems Engineers to join the the our clients’ team supporting the MOD in the procurement of their next generation of satellite communications. These people will play a key role in supporting the MOD in defining, planning and implementing the Test, Evaluation and Acceptance plans of the project deliverables as they are integrated into the overall ecosystem of satellite communications.
o Coordinate the Acceptance support for the projects, including the production of Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) Plans, Verification Requirements Matrix and associated acceptance artefacts.
o Ensure that the projects acceptance approach/plan is coherent with the wider programme.
o Provide acceptance and requirements advice and guidance to the project and represent them on ITEA related matters.
o Provide acceptance support to the creation of Business Cases, Review Notes and Information Notes.
o Ensure that the Statement of Requirements (SoRs) have measurable and testable Measures of Performance (MoPs).
o Ensure acceptance Verification & Validation (V&V) activities at every level are appropriate and coherent with the ITEAP; and that decisions at the lower levels, whilst acceptable individually, do not have a cumulative effect that together compromises delivery of the required capability.
o Lead on the evaluation of ITN responses for assurance and acceptance related questions.
o Identify and manage ITEA related RAIDO.
• Knowledge and experience of Requirements and Acceptance Management.
• Experience of supporting the evaluation and acceptance of satellite or ICT capability delivery programmes throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
• An understanding of assurance processes.
• Excellent written / verbal communication and information management skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and operate effectively and efficiently in high tempo, dynamic environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex information and influence stakeholders.
• Knowledge and experience of Requirements and Acceptance Management based on MoD’s Knowledge in Defence (KiD) framework.
• Experience of leading acceptance support to MOD capability delivery programmes.
• An understanding of MOD Operational CIS.
• Experience and knowledge of SATCOM capabilities.
• Manipulation, presentation management of requirements and acceptance data and information in MS Excel and SharePoint.
• Understanding of the MOD’s procurement processes and procedures.