Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an IT/Security Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (NATO NCIA) in Mons.
- Under the direction of Section Head, Gateway Security Services, the Level 3 Firewall Engineer will perform duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Support the Centralised SLA activities in all areas of network and security devices, such as
- Central administration of Boundary Protection and Gateway services
- System staging and configuration
- Firewall policy development
- Management, maintenance and configuration of appliances and software applications for Gateway Security systems, including network security devices such as firewalls and data diodes to ensure continuing functionality and availability.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting infrastructure and operational issues and collaborating with other teams for a successful resolution;
- Perform the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of authorised changes, related to Gateway Security Systems and the integration/tailoring of vendor supplied components, following established procedures for quality, configuration control, testing, documentation and security;
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Management and other Cyber Security teams
- Provide assistance to Incident Handlers to identify and remediate security incidents
- Review security documentation and provide technical advice, when requested
- The required skill set for the contracted individual is extensive knowledge and experience (more than 5 years) in the following areas:
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and Palo Alto Networks Panorama for Enterprise level deployments
- Firewall installation and management of other vendors
- Other Boundaries Protections Devices such as mail gateways or data diodes
- Computer and Networks Security principles, procedures and technologies.
- Wide and local area networks and components (switches, routers)
- LAN/WAN networking including protocol network architecture, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and Skill, Knowledge & Experience: applications
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, Linux and/or Windows infrastructures to identify problems
- TCP/IP protocols and services
- UNIX and Microsoft Operating system
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams
- Deploying Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention on Enterprise level.
- Scripting (Python, Shell scripting, PowerShell).
- Understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.)
- Previous work in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Possession of Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as CISSP, CISM, MCSE/S, CISA, GSNA, SANS GIAC.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.