Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Finance General Ledger Admin for Sapienza to work off site for our Costumer (NATO NCIA)
- Under the direction of the Principal Administrator (Accounting Operations Manager)/Head of Accounting Services, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Transformation and continuous improvement
- Oversee and coordinate all of the Agency’s GL activities (including the detailed accounting of fixed /intangible assets, assets under construction and inventories) in accordance with NATO Accounting Framework adapted International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and NCI Agency Accounting policies;
- Implement structured risk management throughout GL operations;
- Formulate and implement NCIA accounting policy and provide guidance as needed; rive forward improvements of the GL process to include related sub-ledger processes.
- Produce detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documentation, as needed, for periodic closure activities, of the GL module within the financial system
- Ensure timely closure of the general ledger (and related subledgers);
- As assigned, prepare the Agency’s Annual (and Interim) Financial Statements for review and comments by senior management, and prepare responses to IBAN (External Auditor) enquiries on the Financial Statements;
- Prepare detailed reports and periodic reconciliations/account analysis for all GL transactions that are posted and accounted for within the applicable finance systems, and ensure these reports aggregate into the trial balances;
- Day-to-day management of the GL process, and the handling of all journals/accounting entries at GL level within the applicable running finance system(s);
- Ensure the processing of all journals and general ledger transactions in accordance with the NATO Financial Regulations (NFRs), Financial Rules and Procedures (FRPs), Agency Directives and guidance, and contractual conditions;
- Maintain proper accounting records, such as correct entries in the GL, and supporting files for GL transactions/journals;
- Ensure timely preparation of the trial balances required for preparation of financial statements and/or other financial reports;
- Duties & Role:
- Approve and post all GL transactions/journals and ensure these are in line with applicable accounting policies;
- Reconcile the GL with the related sub-ledgers on a recurring and regular basis (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Inventory/Asset module etc.);
- Lead and develop the GL team and carry out staff performance management.
- Cooperation – Liaise with other parts of the Agency and/or external stakeholders to resolve any problems with the processing of accounting entries at the GL level;
- Support audit reviews as needed; – Contribute to general business improvement initiatives in the Finance Directorate;
- Represent, as required, the Finance Directorate at Agency or external meetings/working groups etc.
- Deputize for the Principal Administrator (Accounting Operations Manager)/Head of Accounting Services, if required;
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline (Finance) and 3 years post-related experience.
- Or exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency, that is, at least 10 years extensive and progressive expertise in duties related to the function of the post: . 3 years of current finance/accounting staff management experience;
- Ability to develop and maintain financial data and contribute to financial statement preparation; .
- In depth knowledge with a minimum of 3 years extensive experience of managing general ledger transactions within Oracle EBS suite;
- Extensive experience with Property Plant and Equipment, intangible assets and Asset under Construction transactions/data/registers within Oracle EBS suite;
- Practical experience in preparing annual financial statements of an international corporation or international public sector organisation; .
- Knowledge of IPSAS or IFRS or IAS; .
- Managing/supervising a Finance General Ledger/ Accounting team/staff.
- Experience in finance shared services;
- Working in the public sector;
- Knowledge of NATO Financial Regulations;
- Use of Oracle EBS modules R12;
- Accounting certification;
- Working with a Oracle EBS compatible GL reporting tool (e.g. GL Wand, Crystal reports etc);
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian staff;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.