Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an ICT Project Officer for Sapienza to work on our customers site (Eurojust).
As an ICT Project officer, you will manage the Day-to-Day organisation of multiple concurrent, small and medium sized projects. Giving you the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects.
Providing design, implementation, management of ICT servers. Providing 3rd line support to end users.
- Ensure 3rd line ICT Support on technical incidents and user requests, related to backend systems – network, storage, video conference, database, systems – from troubleshooting complex situations, to proposing solutions and implementation
- Monitor and maintain proactively and continuously various areas of the infrastructure and business applications
- Document and test technical solutions, prepare change requests, evaluating the impact and proposing implementation plan
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Test and deploy new servers, infrastructure and/or upgrades of existing services and hardware; test and deploy new business applications
- Propose technical solutions to address functional and security requirements on your area of expertise
- Develop procedures for recurring system administration activities, provide, and update installation, technical support and maintenance documentation as required
- Manage all aspects of SQL Server database administration through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems including planning, developing standards, installation, configuration, backups, optimization, maintenance, and monitoring of SQL Server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Develop, document, and enforce the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the database system
- Follow ITIL best practices, including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management
- Minimum 2+ years IT Operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices
- Minimum 2+ years Microsoft SQL Server administration experience, preferably in a hosting and/or corporate 24×7, highly available, secure environment
- Experience configuring the monitoring of SQL Server databases utilizing SCOM, SQLSentry, Idera or related tools advantageous.
- Practical experience with SQL Server administration, clustering installation and troubleshooting
- Expert skills in T/SQL scripting and stored procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server engine internals, query execution plans, query optimization and performance tuning
- Experience in other database technologies like Oracle, PostGreSQL, and MySQL
- In-depth knowledge of backup and recovery options
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMWare)
- Experience administering and managing MS Sharepoint 2013/2016/2019 highly advantageous
- Experience with MS Analysis Services, MS Integration Services and MS Reporting Services
- Experience with Microsoft IIS, Active Directory and Kerberos authentication
- Experience supporting web-based hosted applications
- Soft skills:
- Self-motivated with the ability to be proactive and work well under tight deadlines and flexible hours.
- Team player with strong intercommunication skills and the ability to provide clear documentation of production processes as necessary.