Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Senior Network Engineer Support to join NATO – NCIA in La Spezia, Province of La Spezia, Italy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of LAN and WAN in the Centre. He/she will effectively troubleshoot and improve the network’s functions and its performance. He/she will also participate with Integrated Project Teams to design secure network architectures in support of CMRE’s Scientific Program of Work. He/she will have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network and security administration, and architecture.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by implementing network security measures
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network-related problems
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments are needed
- Conferring with network users about solving existing problems
- Coordinating and configuring computer network access and use
- Configuring and testing networking software, hardware, and firmware
- Suggesting improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
- Reporting regularly on relevant KPIs in his/her area of responsibility
- Patching network vulnerabilities
- Personal Security Clearance Requirements: NATO Secret or above
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certifications in field of network and/or network security (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Configure and support VPN and remote access technologies
- Hands-on experience with application layer firewalls e.g. Cisco ASA / Firepower
- Working knowledge of IDS / IPS technologies
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting of L1 / L2 / L3 Network Environments
- Experience with industry standard security and network management tools (e.g. Solarwinds, Splunk, Tenable Nessus, McAfee EpO ..)
- Proven experience with design, configuration and operation of networks based on Cisco technology
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux network stacks
- Experience with supervision of junior network technicians
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Very good English (oral and written)
If you are interested in applying then please click apply and one of the recruitment team will be in touch.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.