Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a 1st Line Security Event Analyst FLSEA 5 to join NATO – NCIA in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium.
As a First Line Security Event Analyst (FLSEA), the incumbent will perform initial analysis of logs and network traffic, determine alert severity and escalate when required.
The analyst will collate information and present findings in a clear, structured format, providing remediation recommendations and first line response where applicable.
- Conduct research and assessments of security events within NATO Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)team
- Provide analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events and present findings
- Appropriately leverage the comprehensive extended toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices etc.) for enhancing investigations
- Support the end-to-end Incident Handling process
- Propose optimisations and enhancements which help to both maintain and improve NATO’s Cyber Security posture
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- A university degree in a technical subject with a focus on Information Technology (IT), obtained from a nationally recognised/certified institution
- In addition to a minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of cyber security analysis
- Lack of a degree may be compensated by at least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of cyber security analysis
- Similarly, a candidate’s lacking experience can compensate by demonstrating a high level of knowledge in the field of cybersecurity
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communications security including knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Broad understanding of common network security threats and mitigation techniques
Experience in the following:
- Security Information and Event Management products (SIEM) – e.g. ArcSight, Splunk
- Analysis of Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) events– e.g. SourceFire, Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention
- Log analysis from a variety of sources (e.g. Firewalls, Proxies, Routers, DNS and other security appliances)
- Network traffic capture analysis using Wireshark
- Logical approach to analysis and ability to perform structured security investigations using large, complex data sets
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Holding industry leading certification in the area of cyber security such as GCIA, GNFA, GCIH
- Computer Incident Response Centre (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Proficiency in Intrusion/Incident Detection and Handling
Experience in the following areas:
- Full Packet Capture systems – e.g. Niksun, RSA/NetWitness Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc.)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone, online and network)
- Military communication systems and networks
If you are interested in applying then please click apply and one of the recruitment teams will be in touch.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.