Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Database Admin to join NATO – NCIA in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium, Off-Site.
- Supporting overall operations and maintenance of various DB services used at Data Centres in NATO
- Provide On Call (7*24) support to the customers for High Priority incidents as part of Database Team
- Working closely with Agency Coherence sections to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and systems are developed adhering to business continuity standards
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tool
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Applying database backup strategies and ensuring a valid and maintained recovery plan is in place
- Allocating system storage and planning storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Maintaining archived data
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
- Managing and monitoring data replication
- Required Security Clearance: NATO Secret
- You need to demonstrate at least 5 years of recent relevant years’ experience.
- Systems requirement analysis for database design and complete installation according to high-performance data throughput systems
- Administering, maintaining and securing the database servers and providing Level 2/3 support according to SLA KPI metrics
- Upgrade from earlier Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database versions based running on on-premise and/or cloud
- Re-platforming Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database servers, which the lift and shift process whereby servers are simply carried over from the current Data Centre to the new environment.
- High Availability implementation of Microsoft SQL and Oracle Databases, troubleshooting replication problems and identify appropriate replication strategy
- Disaster Recovery Solutions use RDBMS HA (Clustering and Always On Availability Groups) and participating in Disaster Recovery Planning analysis and tests
- Provision and maintenance of database support documentation in line with Quality Standards, knowledge base documentation
- Configuration/monitoring of Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database backups and restore databases
- Perform routine database maintenance activities and able to check daily routine tasks on MSSQL Systems including reorganization of databases to maintain performance levels
- Resolution of Database performance issues, writing, debugging and optimizing complex queries and providing troubleshooting support
- Performing simple tasks on Windows and Linux Operating Systems as a Database Administrator
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Platform services.
- Experience in provisioning of Platform as a Service;
- Knowledge of SharePoint, WebLogic and Apache platform
- Experience in the provisioning of application maintenance and support services.
- Investigates and resolves application and system support problems and provides information about the systems, utilizing management tools
- Knowledge of working within an ITSM framework (ITIL etc.) and performing Service Operation activities in ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Holding ITIL v3 Foundation certification
If you are interested in applying then please click apply and one of the recruitment teams will be in touch.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.