Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Configuration Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Documentalist for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC).
Sapienza has been a partner of ESA for almost 30 years, and we pride ourselves in supporting a wide range of missions including Galileo, MTG, Copernicus and ExoMars. Our team is international with activities across the U.K., the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Candidate will support the Earth Observation Directorate. He/she will support multiple projects, and as
such he/she will liaise on a daily basis with the various project team members, performing the following tasks:
- Monitoring and processing any incoming/outgoing formal documentation exchange (e.g. ftp) between ESA and industry or external partners
- Registering, distributing and archiving incoming project documentation in the projects documentation systems (Eclipse) in a timely manner
- Controlling and checking the coherence of any incoming documentation including datapacks
- Ensuring incoming and outgoing information/documentation conforms to applicable processes, procedures and working practices
- Supporting users for retrieving documents from Documentation systems and other sources such as SharePoint
- Liaising with industry and external partners regarding documentation exchange
- Assisting Configuration Management Officer in preparation of Project reviews or in any other support related tasks
- The contractor is expected to be or become familiar with the Agency’s internal IT tools needed for the conduct of his/her tasks.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognized Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant);
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Proficient in MS Office packages and ability to quickly learn new database systems
- Knowledge of ESA administrative and documentation management processes/tools (e.g. Eclipse) is an advantage.
- Experience with ESA and Earth Observation projects is an advantage.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule.
- Initiative and motivation to perform to high standards in a demanding environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the outside world.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU