Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a JChat Software Developer to join NATO – NCIA in Belgium (Off-Site).
Under direction/guidance of NCIA Point of Contact or delegated staff, the Software Developer will develop and update JChat software modules. This includes the following activities:
- Develop/update Java software modules
- Develop/conduct unit and automated testing of software components
- Attend virtual and in-person meetings
- The contractor will be part of a team and will work using Agile and iterative approach during multiple sprints
- Each sprint is planned for a duration of 1 week
- The content and scope of each sprint will be agreed upon during the sprint planning meeting
- Required Security clearance
- Software Developer
- Relevant and recent experience in software development using Java, including Java Swing
- Able to produce efficient, clear, readable, maintainable and high quality code
- Relevant and recent development experience with chat related technologies, including but not limited to XMPP, XEPs, M-LINK Server, Openfire Server and Openfire plugin framework
- Relevant and recent experience in continuous software integration and automated testing, including knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Relevant and recent experience in using development tools (e.g. Maven, Jira, GitLab, Zephyr) and Scrum methodology
- Able to speak and write fluent English since work is conducted in English
- Must have nationality of one of the NATO nations
If you are interested in applying, then please click apply and one of the recruitment teams will be in touch.
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.