Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting an OCIO Information Management, Data Management and NATO Information Management Authority (NIMA) Support to join NATO – NCIA in Brussels, Belgium.
The NATO office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) is embarking on a journey to change the way information technology is managed in the Enterprise, at a time when key programs and projects aiming at innovating its IT infrastructure and services are starting and/or are being planned.
The NATO Enterprise includes more than 40 entities and more than 20000 people and is currently based on highly federated model for ICT management. One of the core activities of the office is to identify, understand and monitor the evolution of specific IT projects and programs, with the objective to steer their implementation towards a more coherent architecture.
The Aim is to support in the areas of data management, information management, core information services and the operational use of the Electronic Digital Media Library (EDML) and the NATO Metadata Registry and Repository (NMRR). Efforts in these areas would also support the realisation of the Alliance C3 Strategy through the development of standards, directives and policies.
Most of work is also in support of the the CIS Panel programme of work. The work will be executed on-site primarily at NATO HQ with travels to meetings occasionally as required in support of work.
The contractor will effectively and efficiently provide the following services, with a special focus on Information and Knowledge Management: The Information and Knowledge Management expert will be working with a highly skilled team composed of both technical and senior management staff, and will need to be able to successfully integrate in an environment composed of military and civilian stakeholders, including senior managers and decision-makers. In details the Information and Knowledge Management expert will be supporting the following work-packages:
- Assist the OCIO in IKM; develop a report and possible roadmap on the cybersecurity IKM requirements for the NATO Enterprise through maintenance of the NIMA documentation framework
- Measurement: Revision of the NATO Information Management Authority (NIMA) documentation framework by the end of 4th Quarter 2022
- Identify the gaps in NIMA policies, directives or guidance, in support of NIMA Governance processes
- This includes the review of the ‘Guidance on File Naming’ (AC/322-N(2010)0025)
- Measurement: Revision of the ‘Guidance on File Naming’ (AC/322- N(2010)0025) by the end of 3rd Quarter 2022
- Update the NATO IM Plan guidance and template to direct and harmonize the development of IM Plans in NATO and in NATO missions
- Measurement: Updating of the NATO IM Plan guidance and template by the end of 3rd Quarter 2022
- Report on the performance of information systems and IM processes including functional gaps and ineffectiveness that will be outlined as result of IM Capability Maturity Model (CMM) execution in 2022
- Measurement: Deliver a report on the performance of information systems and IM processes including functional gaps and ineffectiveness that will be outlined as result of IM Capability Maturity Model (CMM) execution in 2022 by the end of 4th Quarter 2022
- Identify and report on the measures for the exchange of information across and within NATO Enterprise organisational boundaries, both internal and external
- Measurement: Through the work in Federated Mission Network (FMN), Spiral 5 Specifications, identify and document the measures for exchange of information across and within NATO Enterprise organisational boundaries, both internal and external by the end of 3rd Quarter 2022
- Contribute to the Data Exploitation Framework development
- Measurement: Feedback delivered following official deadlines on the development of the Interim Data Exploitation Advisory Group (iDEAG) and related tasks, i.e. iDEAG Terms of Reference, Date Exploitation Strategic Plan through 2022 as directed
- Develop and deliver FMN Spiral 5 Specifications for IM, and start the development of FMN Spiral 6 requirements and Roadmap for IM
- Measurement: FMN Spiral 5 Specifications developed and delivered by the end of 3rd Quarter 2022
- Provide advice and contribute to the development of an IS IKM concept
- Measurement: Advise and feedback delivered following official deadlines on the development of an IS IKM concept through 2022 as directed
- Provide support to unforeseen urgent requirements as necessary
- Measurement: Support as necessary until the end of 4th Quarter 2022
The Information and Knowledge Management expert will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree at an internationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline and at least 7 years post related experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IT on IKM related tools.
- Experience working in large organizations, either military or civilian
- Knowledge and multiyear experience with organizing, managing and supporting various (international) operations, activities, units or projects related to defence, security and ICT
- Experience within NATO dealing with ICT project implementation and standards, including exposure to NATO
- Knowledge and experience working on SharePoint and Enterprise Template Portal solutions
- Knowledge and experience in development of Metadata labelling and harmonization tools
- Development and execution of Information Management Capability Maturity Model (IM CMM)
- Updating and executing Information Management Strategic Plan
- Production of NATO Policy, Directives, standards and standard related documents (SRD)
- Advanced user level knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Sharepoint is a must.
- Strong and documented knowledge of the English language, both written (including the ability to draft and redact papers in complete autonomy) and spoken is essential
- Security Clearance: NATO SECRET