Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a NIRIS Software Developer to join NATO – NCIA in The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands (Remote).
The NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency) located in The Hague, The Netherlands, is currently involved in the development of new capabilities for NATO as well as in the support of existing capabilities.
In the light of these activities, the C2 Service Centre is looking for experienced software developers. More specifically, the work will support the full software development cycle of the Networked Interoperable Real-Time Information Services (NIRIS) software.
NIRIS has been developed to meet the Minimum Military Requirement (MMR) for receiving, disseminating and providing situational awareness information for Command and Control (C2) and is currently the most widely used system for providing such information in NATO.
Under the direction / guidance of the NCIA Point of Contact or delegated staff, the software developer will develop and update NIRIS software modules. This includes the following activities:
- Develop / update Java software modules
- Develop / conduct unit and automated testing of software components
- Attend virtual and in-person meetings
- The contractor will be part of a team and will work using an Agile and iterative approach during multiple sprints
- Each sprint is planned for a duration of 1 week
- The content and scope of each sprint will be agreed during the sprint-planning meeting
- Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
- The consultancy support for this work requires a software developer with the following qualifications:
- Relevant and recent experience in software development using Java and Typescript (Angular)
- Recent experience in programming at the computer network level
- Relevant and recent knowledge of (programming) Tactical Data Links (TDL)
- Able to produce efficient, clear, readable, maintainable and high quality code
- Relevant and recent experience in continuous software integration and automated testing, including knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Relevant and recent experience in using development tools (e.g. Maven, Jira, GitLab, Zephyr) and the Scrum methodology
- The candidate is able to speak and write fluent English since the work is conducted in English
- The candidate must have the nationality of one of the NATO nations