Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Desktop Applicartion Software Developer C# to join NATO – NCIA in Belgium.
- You will participate in software maintenance and development activities for applications in the domain of military logistics. These activities are an integral part of the operations and maintenance support provide by the Agency for the Logistics Functional Area Services (LOGFAS)
- This role requires sound technical background in the application management and development area, collaboration skills, and the ability to demonstrate tact and sensitive political awareness as a member of multinational teams. It further includes co-operating closely with current and potential customers as well as internal stakeholders in diverse organizations
- The incumbent will undertake the execution of a range of analysis, development and supporting tasks for the Service Area Owner and Service Delivery Manager. This includes the following activities
- Attend virtual or in-person meetings
- Analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of applications software and database and the integration/tailoring of vendor supplied components, following established procedures for quality, configuration control, testing, documentation and security
- Test software using technologies and methods to support the full software lifecycle
- Be responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of the documentation of software applications.
- Provide expeditious technical support services, including emergency troubleshooting to ensure key information systems remain operational
- Support the development of new capabilities by capturing and validating user requirements
- The contractor shall participate in daily status update meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and other meetings according to service delivery manager’s instructions. These meetings will be mostly virtual meetings and the meetings will be conducted during NCI Agency office hours for Mons, Belgium
- A university degree in computer science, information and communication technology or closely related scientific or engineering discipline, preferably equivalent to a Master’s degree and supplemented by relevant postgraduate qualifications
- Exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of particular abilities and at least five years’ experience of interest to the Agency
- At least five years experience in various areas of software engineering including the following:
- Experience with software development using .NET Framework Skill, Knowledge & Experience: and the C# programming language.
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture software design and with the development of web APIs. o Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio. o
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience with software design, implementation and testing.
- Preferably, experience with Azure DevOps and Git version control. ·
- The incumbent shall be able to conduct all work (oral and written) in fluent business English
- The candidate’s skills may be assessed via a formal online interview