Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company, is recruiting a Security and Systems Engineer to join NATO – NCIA in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium.
- Maintaining configuration sets of systems currently in operation and their patch level
- Maintain working knowledge of most recent vulnerabilities
- Responsible for ensuring systems are at the appropriate patch level prescribed by the Agency and the Customer
- Conduct limited testing on the effects of patching on systems
- Perform analysis of impacts to patching on systems
- Work directly with CES Security Officer to maintain a high-security posture
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Instructions for routine tasks
- Schedule and predict system outages in order to maintain the security posture
- Work directly with the Enterprise Active directory team to effectively coordinate AD requirements with patching requirements
- Work directly with the SCOM/SCCM team to effectively coordinate patching requirements and schedules to minimize disruption to the network provided to the customer
- The candidate must have a NATO COSMIC TOP SECRET security clearance
The individual must have:
- A graduate degree in Computer and Information Systems Technology or an equivalent level of qualification or professional accreditation by a related engineering Institute or professional body
- Fluent English in both spoken and written
- Experience in the administration Microsoft Windows Servers 2008/2012/2016
- Experience in the administration of VMWare versions 5.5 and up
- Experience in the operation of SCCM
- Experience of working in a demanding enterprise environment with competing security and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of CVSS
- Able to understand and act upon technical cyber security reports in order to prioritise security related tasks
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance activities of Active Directory
- Knowledge of Security vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. Nessus) and ability to understand and act upon raw data.
- Working knowledge of a virtual environment. Primary VE software is VMWare ESXi
- Recent experience in working with NATO or a large international organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of secure information systems
- Knowledge of Change Management Processes
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Processes
- Experience in the administration and patching of Linux systems
- Knowledge of WSUS
- Knowledge of security applications such as ePO, AppLocker, DLP.
- ITIL Knowledge
- Cyber Security Experience