Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting an Engineering Support Client Deployment Services to join NATO – NCIA in Northwood, England, United Kingdom.
- Local logistical support (i.e. removing devices from delivery pallets and placing into temporary local storage, assisting with asset and configuration management activities)
- Deployment of client device baseline, provided by the Purchaser
- Assembly of end user equipment at user’s desk
- Configuration, testing and connection of the device to the network
- Removal of previous workstations and peripherals from the desk, sanitizing classified items, and supporting local logistics
The technicians performing the work activities shall be skilled to complete the following tasks:
- Install and configure for use, COTS software on workstations/laptops
- Install and configure network client software on workstations/laptops
- Configure upon request, local server software and configure special peripheral devices.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot workstation/laptop issues
- Prepare software packages for automatic deployment
- Test software for dependencies prior to installation
- Contribute to IT Security compliance and remediation All the Contractor’s staff that will in contact with the equipment, to include the time during and after which devices are imaged, shall be security cleared to NATO Secret level
- Higher vocational training in a relevant discipline with 2 years post‐related experience. Or a secondary educational qualification with 4 years post‐related experience
- Formal technical or professional certification, complemented with training in network management, system monitoring, software packaging and/or software development or equivalent through extensive professional experience
- Very good general working knowledge of IT hardware and auxiliary computer equipment, such as printers and scanners
- Experience of Configuration Management and Service Asset Management
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements
- Recent experience with NATO Secret/Unclassified systems, particularly with imaging, set‐up, and desk deployments.
- Minimum of Valid NATO Secret clearance is required