Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
As a Sales Manager/ Business Development Manager within the Defence and Space sector, this is your opportunity to join and exciting and growing SME, working with key Space clients, supporting a multitude of exciting and note worth projects.
This is your chance to join a growing business and help work with the Head of the Defence & Government Division to continue the impressive growth and work towards their 5 year goals.
You will be stepping into a new role and will be able to work autonomously to build client leads and relationships, establish new areas of work with existing clients and bring on new clients.
Being supported by an existing team you will develop proposals and bid on tenders, working as a team with technical experts to bring on new business, whilst growing your own portfolio of work.
Working in such a broad and expanding market, your passion and technical knowledge within the Space and Defence markets should allow you to engage with Engineers and stakeholders about a variety of new and existing projects, working within one of the most exciting industries available.
As a growing business you will be given plenty of opportunity to develop your own skills and technical knowledge as you work and invest in your own development.
The Senior Business Development Manager is expected to carry out the following tasks and take full responsibility for:
- Developing effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertaking research and analysis, publish and communicate findings within Defence & Government Division as appropriate
- Creating and developing a growing portfolio of government and supply side clients in the Defence & Government space and communication domains.
- Exploring existing account information for new opportunities
- Developing proposals and managing a highly cost-effective sales cycle
- Managing reporting of activities and pipeline/key account forecasts with appropriate risk analysis to mitigate potential pipeline misalignment.
- Preparing proposals with, where appropriate, customer engagement to deliver winning outcomes.
- Owning and managing weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting processes – as relevant and applicable – such as pipeline management, to the Head of Satellite Defence & Government Division, as deemed appropriate, creating robust dashboards that measure and track his/her KPIs and sales metrics
- 10 plus years of experience working in the defence domain, ideally in the space and/or telecommunications sectors.
- A proven sales record of engineering and consultancy services within the UK or Europe will be considered as a plus.
- Commercial awareness and numeracy to analyse reports and understand margins and economics.
- Extremely organised with an ability to juggle working on multiple different projects at once.
- Analytical mindset and detail oriented.
- A clear ability to prioritise workload and meet targets set by others.
- A talent to work cross-functionally and influence decision making with senior-level audiences, both internally and at customer levels.
- Takes personal responsibility to meet commitments.
- An exceptional team player and good communicator.