About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a NATO Secret cleared Finance Assistant – Finance Reporting & Control, to work on the AAS Project at NATO-NCIA, with work location in Brussels, Belgium (Remote).
Duties & Role:
- Assist and participate with the Development and monitoring of Key Management Assumptions (KMA) that support the Agency business, and are strategic pillars to the Agency Financial Plan and Customer Funding Model;
- Assist and participate with the Development and monitoring of Customer Rates which underpin the Agency prices;
- Assist and participate on the Development of the Agency multi-Year Financial Plan;
- Assist with the Agency’s resource planning activities in support and collaboration with other Directorates (Human Resources, Service Strategy and Demand Management in particular);
- Participate in Agency working groups and studies as Finance SME;
- Participate in the Customer Funding Framework, and model activities and studies;
- Provide technical advice and functional support to Financial Controller, the Chief, Business Management, and to other senior managers within the Finance organization;
- Contribute to general business improvement initiatives within the Finance Directorate;
- Participate in the internal Organization of the Branch by keeping track of assigned tasks and timelines, and managing the Branch web portal (SharePoint);
- Represent, as required, the Chief FP Branch or other Branch colleagues at Agency or external meetings, working groups or conferences;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance
- Specific training in aspects of Financial Management such as accounting, budgeting, financial planning or related areas with at least 5 year practical experience;
- Proven analytic skills and problem solving creativity on a variety of subjects of dissimilar nature;
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Extensive experience in the use of Information Management tools such as MS SharePoint;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex and multicultural environment;
- Ability to collaboratively work in a Team.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in different aspects of financial planning and/or budgeting;
- Experience in Financial Accounting and Financial Statements preparation
- Experience in cost accounting and/or financial analysis;
- Experience in the use of an ERP system for planning and analytic functions;
- Knowledge of the NATO Financial Regulations (NFR) and Financial Rules and Procedures (FRP);
- Knowledge of Customer Funding in a services environment;
- Knowledge of NATO and the organizational structure including governance/regulatory arrangements.