Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is recruiting a NATO Secret cleared Network Engineer, to work on the AAS Project at NATO-NCIA, with work location in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium.
Main responsibilities, but are not limited to the following:
- Configure firewalls, routers, switches, network proxies and VPN concentrators to maximise network efficiency and security in accordance with NCSC Operational needs;
- Support the initiation, preparation, follow-up and implementation of any change in front of the Change Management Board;
- Implement security policies settings relating to any of Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto and Blue Coat security devices;
- Maximize network performance and availability through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Efficiently investigate faults in the network and propose improvements;
- Report network status to key stakeholders inside NCSC.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance
- Essential to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science combined with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in as Network Engineer or similar position, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational education (loading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation) with 5 years post related experience, with demonstrated experience in following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of multi-vendor switching, routing and security technology with proven technical experience with in depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP), network and security technologies like VPN, NAT, security access policies, routing & switching protocols e.g. BGP, OSPF, VRF, High availability (HA), STP and HSRP;
- Expert level of experience with device installation, maintenance and troubleshooting with IPS, NAT, routing, and security access policies on multi-firewall technologies e.g. Palo Alto, Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA.
- Hands-on demonstrable experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems;
- Experience with network management, diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools e.g. SolarWinds, Zabbix, Panorama and Junos Space;
- In depth knowledge of Cisco switches, Juniper, Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls and Blue Coat proxies;
- Device configuration and monitoring including traffic flow, debugging, log analysis, SNMP and syslog.
- A network and a security professional level certification from any of the following vendors: Cisco, Juniper or Palo Alto (eg: CCNPENT, CCNP-SEC, JNCIP-SEC, JNCIP-ENT and PNCSA).
- Demonstrate interest and passion for Cyber Security and Network Security;
- Development, enhancement, implementation and troubleshooting of security settings relating to Linux and Microsoft operating systems and associated applications;
- In depth knowledge and strong experience of Cisco ISE, VMware NSX, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Linux and Windows servers;
- Structured cable deployment, installation and documentation;
- Working in NATO CIS environment and experience with crypto devices and classified network devices;
- Knowledge of how the Cyber Security tools works e.g. OVA, OCF, logging etc
- Certifications: Virtualisation, Security, Data Systems and Design Certification: Security+, Windows MCSE, Linux+, VMware Professional network Virtualisation, CCDP; ITIL 4 foundation certification.