Field(s) of expertise
Marketing & Sales Project & Service Management
About this job
- Location: Preferably, The Netherlands, Noordwijk, SBIC, Sapienza or remote with regular attendance in the office.
- Deadline: ASAP
- Contract duration: Fixed term to Permanent
Sapienza is looking for an accomplished (future Head of) business development professional who will bring to the company new services and technology contracts. She/he will make an impact by further expanding our footprint in the space and defence and government support sectors. Sapienza currently offers a wide array of services and digital technologies across various geographies, but as a multi-faceted and ambitious company is now looking to accelerate growth into adjacent markets and geographies by developing on and finding new synergies amongst existing capabilities.
The successful Candidate will be able to identify and develop areas of growth, by bringing combinations of all our business offerings to new clients and/or clients in his/her portfolio, and independently negotiate and close new business services and technical solutions deals.
Upon certain targets being met, the candidate will grow the business development team to satisfy continuous business growth ambitions.
The position will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Sapienza’s business offerings and technologies to articulate our value proposition to decision-makers, as well as being able to successfully manage and overcome objections
- Research customers, identify decision makers, educate prospects and qualify buying interest and their sense of urgency
- Prospecting into suitable organizations, professionally network, build and maintain a high quality and credible lead pipeline (short, mid and long term)
- Grow Sapienza’s core business portfolio into new clients, new geographies and adjacent offerings
- Schedule well qualified appointments with key decision makers within targeted organisations
- Close new services and technical solutions deals
- Meet agreed targets, and reporting needs
- Maintain accurate activity, contact, and opportunities information
- Mobilise internal support resources strategically, when necessary for high value (strategic) opportunities good probability of success
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and other local and group business functions in the development of strategic sales approaches
- Bid manager for strategic tenders , writing strong and winning bid offers
- 10+ years’ experience of prospecting and selling operational and/or engineering services and or digital technologies in the space, defence or European institutional sectors
- Proven success in the development and presentation of sales proposals and strategic services with proven success in selling service and technology solutions to enterprises, government and/or international agencies and NGOs
- Self-starter and self-sufficient – able to deliver growth opportunities independently or with limited additional support from sales and marketing or a capture team
- Proven track record winning work consistently across geographies and customers, with typical contract value in excess of 1 Million Euros
- Background in a space and defence, with, engineering, operational, or digitisation domain experience would be considered a strong asset
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Italian, French or German would be considered an asset
- Able and willing to obtain EU / NATO security clearance
- Able and willing to travel across Europe routinely
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.