Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Network and IVQ Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EGNOS, Toulouse, FR).
The European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service EGNOS Project requires engineering support in the area of telecommunications network design as well as engineering and the monitoring of the execution of System CLA and security Subsystems AIVQ activities, encompassing V2, V3 and the currently running TWAN by ESSP.
This is a full-time position with a Contract a durée indéterminé de Chantier.
The tasks to be covered are:
- TWAN G2 Observation: Monitor events, functionality and performance of the operational TWAN and ENMA, in cooperation with the EGNOS operator (ESSP);
- TWAN, ENMA and FEE V2 and V3 Development: Provide support to development activities within the EGNOS team, in particular, where these relate to the TWAN, ENMA and FEE subsystems;
- Coherence of V2, V3 and YSR procurements: Review the mutual compatibility of V2 and V3 procurements with Yearly System Releases, as relating to TWAN, ENMA and FEE;
- V3 System CLA AIVQ: Provide support to the EGNOS AIVQ manager in System AIVQ CLA activities
- V3 security Subsystems AIVQ: Monitoring the development and be responsible of the AIVQ activities of the Security SS, namely: SAS, RCA, SIEM on behalf of the EGNOS AIVQ Manager;
- V3 SS Acceptance. Participate in the acceptance (SDAT) of EGNOS subsystems on site and verification of Security aspects
- On-going monitoring TWAN/ENMA functionality and performance. Report any significant issues discovered during operational use of the TWAN and ENMA.
- Support on-going development activities in the ESA EGNOS team and to the management of any industrial activities relating to TWAN, ENMA or FEE subsystems;
- Report TWAN, ENMA and FEE issues to the NAV-PRD manager;
- Support to any team coordination meetings and in overall team coordination (in particular with the EGNOS System and SS Security team and with the PA team)
- Support to the EGNOS V2 and V3 progress meetings with Industry
- Support on-going AIVQ in the related to CLA AIVQ and Security SS activities in the ESA EGNOS team
- Monitoring the Operational Network Security activities. Monitoring the Acceptance and deployment on site of SS focusing on security Aspects.
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, physics or Computer science with proven knowledge and experience in the fields of Networking and Security.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Navigation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in EGNOS standards
- HW and SW real-time development experience would be an advantage
- Experience in procurement of industrial activities and in safety critical systems.
- Eligibility to national personal security clearance.
- Previous experience on Ground Stations Infrastructure.
- Previous experience on Physical and IT security.
- Experience on Ground Segment elements and network deployment and qualification.
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation and telephone communications) are crucial.
- Fluent English language (oral and written);
- Fluent in French language oral is desirable;
- Autonomy in writing technical notes, specifications and reports in English;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Previous working experience in a multinational environment;
- Good knowledge of MS office tools;
- Good knowledge of DOORs;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High senses of rigour, proactive attitude to solving problems.
- Service orientation
- Organization, good practical sense, being able to work effectively in a team and be able to autonomously take decision in his field of responsibility.
- Availability and willingness to travel for missions inside or outside Europe.
- Able to obtain EU Security clearance
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU