Field(s) of expertise
Telecommunications Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Network and IVQ Engineer for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (EGNOS, Toulouse, FR).
The European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service EGNOS Project requires engineering support in the area of telecommunications network design as well as engineering and execution of IVQ activities, encompassing V2, V3 and the currently running TWAN by ESSP.
This is a full-time position with a Contract a durée indéterminé de Chantier.
- TWAN G2 Observation: Monitor events, functionality and performance of the operational TWAN and ENMA, in cooperation with the EGNOS operator (ESSP)
- TWAN, ENMA and FEE V2 and V3 Development: Provide support to development activities within the EGNOS team, in particular, where these relate to the TWAN, ENMA and FEE subsystems
- Coherence of V2, V3 and YSR procurements: Review the mutual compatibility of V2 and V3 procurements with Yearly System Releases, as relating to TWAN, ENMA and FEE
- Reporting: The service provider shall report to the NAV-NED manager on a bi-monthly basis. Regular reports are required also in any coordination meetings/teleconferences.
- On-going monitoring TWAN/ENMA functionality and performance. Report any significant issues discovered during operational use of the TWAN and ENMA
- Support on-going development activities in the ESA EGNOS team and to the management of any industrial activities relating to TWAN, ENMA or FEE subsystems
- Report TWAN, ENMA and FEE issues to the NAV-NE manager
- Support for any team coordination meetings and in overall team coordination
- Support to the EGNOS V2 and V3 progress meetings with Industry
- Support on-going IVQ activities in the ESA EGNOS team
- Occasional travel for participation to meetings and reviews
- Master’s degree in a relevant Engineering field (network engineer, systems engineer, other). Background in computer science, information technology, network security management or computer systems engineering
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA member-state language is an asset. French is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in GNSS augmentation systems, the EGNOS network, and ECSS standards will be considered an advantage.
- Able to obtain EU Security clearance
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU