Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are recruiting a Software & Validation Engineer (On-Board & Ground) for Sapienza to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) and support the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division
*Please note the starting date might be slightly delayed due to COVID-19.
- The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software
- General support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities
- A Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- In particular experience with
- Software engineering and object-oriented programming
- Space systems and Space Systems engineering
- Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
- Embedded Real-Time Systems and Real-Time Kernels
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
- Software Engineering tools
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C
- The contractor shall be able to function as part of a team.
- Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
- Experience with embedded real-time software development will be an advantage.
- Fluent in English and the knowledge of another EU language is an asset
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
Please send your CV (in English) as soon as possible, but no later than 18-05-2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement here.