Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Our client is a leading global NewSpace venture that are rapidly expanding and we are seeking a senior electronics design engineer who is experienced with designing FPGA based electronics and holds around five years experience developing electronics that is schematic and layout, using Altium Designer and/or Mentor Graphics PADS Professional.
- Delivering highly reliable electronics hardware.
- You will engage with other engineers to discover the needs of the future missions and design highly reliable hardware that turns the mission into a reality.
- You will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the hardware you create, from development and testing, handover to missions team, and from time to time, on-orbit troubleshooting; you will take ownership of your electronics, including verification testing and writing documentation.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years developing electronics, that is schematic and layout, using Altium Designer and/or Mentor Graphics PADS Professional.
- Experience in one or more of the following design areas:
- power electronics
- digital / control electronics
- high-speed electronics
- Experience working with verity of high-speed and low-speed parallel and SERDES interfaces, including: I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG, Ethernet (10/100/1000M, 10G, 100G), JESD204a/b/c, DDR3/DDR4/SDRAM/SRAM, and more.
- Experience designing and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems.
- Experience designing FPGA based electronics, including Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs.
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar), spectrum analyzers, other.
- Programming skills, including: C / C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience with revision control tools (like Git or SVN)
- You are comfortable with Linux