Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
Our client is a leading European NewSpace venture that is rapidly growing and to support the growth of the company we are now looking to hire a Radio Test Engineer to support our clients’ spacecraft engineering team.
- Work closely with other engineers to ensure future improvements to the satellite.
- Build test setups, write and maintain test automation scripts
- Assist in creating test procedures and promote design for testability.
- Maintain a database of test results.
- Assist AIT ( Assembly integration and testing) team during test and verification
- Tackling challenges present in the newspace engineering approach.
- Pushing the envelope of what a small radar satellite can do.
- Education in Radio/Signal/Electrical engineering.
- 3 years of practical lab experience with RF hardware
- Familiar with R&D and production of RF Hardware.
- Capability for independent work and decision.
- Capability to tackle unconventional tasks and problems.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Willingness to be involved in the whole life cycle of the satellite.
- Prior experience with radar technology.
- Prior experience with high (5+ GHz) systems.
- Coding/scripting experience in Python and C++.
- familiar with the use and handling of microwave test equipment (VNAs, signal generators, power sensors, spectrum analysers)