Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza is working with one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and the company aims to provide a new earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. Having already successfully launched multiple satellites the company is still in growth mode and we are looking to hire an experienced and passionate EO Data Scientist who can work remotely on a full-time freelance basis.
The successful candidate will be a member of the team in charge of building analytics solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.), to be integrated with our clients’ platform.
- Building full-stack analysis solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.)
- Research and prototype data processing & analysis algorithms.
- Develop and deploy data pipelines.
- Working closely with the business team on developing new solutions to practical problems.
- 2+ years of proven experience developing data analytics solutions.
- Experience working with any of the following libraries : GDAL, Tifffile, Rasterio, Geopandas, Shapely, Fiona, Cartopy, Xarray, Iris, netCDF4.
- Strong Python skills.
- Experience working with (open) EO data.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong statistical analysis skills.
- Experience developing machine learning-based models.
- Ability to have technical conversations in English.
- Advanced degree (MSc, or Ph.D.) in any relevant computational field (Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Physics, etc.)
- Experience in any of the following: TensorFlow, Pytorch, D3.js, React, Typescript, Julia.
- Relevant first author work published in a peer-reviewed venue.