Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza is working with one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and the company aims to provide a new earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. Having already successfully launched multiple satellites the company is still in growth mode and we are looking to hire an experienced Remote Sensing Specialist.
The successful candidate will be engaged mainly in the technical aspects such as generating high-quality satellite image products required by the market, extracting information from products by remote sensing analysis, and utilizing the product derivatives into different applications. To understand client needs, you may be partly involved in sales activities.
- Contribute to generating high-quality satellite image products in cooperation with internal engineers and coordinate activities from technical aspects.
- Analyze and extract information from our satellite images and occasionally, using external satellite imagery data through remote sensing analysis technology
- Bring ideas that would solve a client’s issue, study its feasibility, plan and propose solution services related to the utilization of satellite images based on customer needs, and launch services in cooperation with internal and external engineers
- After-engineering sales of solution services for satellite image utilization.
- Build good relationships with clients to widen future business opportunity.
- Gather related information and perform related tasks which can be value-adding to the project.
- Skills, knowledge, and 2+ years of experience in image processing of imagery taken by satellite, airplane, or drone or any other geospatial data processed using Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Communication experience and skills to understand needs, problems, and issues that customers might not have awareness by themselves.
- Ability to communicate in English about product technology with overseas customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work experience to coordinate each department in the company.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to remote sensing or either discipline of agriculture
- Experience in Project management
- Experience using collaboration tools like Jira, Gitlab and Github
- Experience in image processing and image recognition using Python, C ++, etc.
- Experience in data-oriented product development / service construction (whether sales or engineer)
- Knowledge of database system (geospatial database system is preferable)
- Knowledge of highly specialized industries (agriculture, forestry, energy, insurance, government agencies, etc.)
- Experience of sales