Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
Sapienza is working with one of the pioneers of microsatellite technology and the company aims to provide a new earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. Having already successfully launched multiple satellites the company is still in growth mode and we are looking to hire a Web Back-End Engineer. The candidate will be a member of the team being responsible for the development, testing and maintaining the web application back-end system, that provides satellite imagery and analytics solutions. We are seeking someone who has the desire to become a development tech lead in the near future.
This position can be based remotely from anywhere in the world for the first 6 – 12 months and then you would need to relocate to Tokyo, Japan.
- Providing data and insights on the platform with cooperating satellite operators.
- Ensuring the Web security to protect users’ and our business properties.
- Supporting smooth execution of the contract, pricing, and payment activity.
- Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
- Experience developing in Python 3 and Python web application frameworks.
- Experience quality assurance using automated testing or something like that.
- Experience designing databases with PostgreSQL or similar open-source RDBM systems.
- Ability to have daily conversations in English.
- Experience developing and operating web back-end system for 3 years or more.
- Experience designing and developing GraphQL APIs.
- Experience using container technologies.
- Experience with performance-tuning of databases.
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems using AWS SNS/SQS.
- Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
- Thinks about issues which you should improve.
- Prefers to architect and implement softwares.
- Has interest in continuously improving a product and your workflow.
- Develops with team when necessary.
- Holds accountability in what you do.
- Loves technology.