Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Space activity within our client has grown substantially in the last two years because of the success of its range of high quality space products and services. We are looking for a senior programmes leader to join our client and help them continue the successful delivery and growth of exciting projects and programmes, from innovative research, through to production of satellites, docking mechanisms, micro-gravity experiments and communications payloads.
As the head of programmes for Space you can expect to be leading teams to deliver projects in Belgium and the UK, as well as supporting international opportunities as we continue to grow.
You will be responsible for delivery of Space programmes and ensuring you meet internal and external commitments. Our clients’ projects have a diverse and complex stakeholder community, both internal and external to the company, with the opportunity to deliver across the project lifecycle from requirements capture and business winning right through into delivery.
- Active member of a multinational leadership team, delivering growth and making the business an exciting place to work.
- Key supplier & customer relationship management.
- Responsible for project performance across the Space portfolio, delivering high levels of on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- The leadership and development of the project management function for Space in Belgium and the UK.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Delivery of Sales, Revenue, Project Margin and Cash Targets, leadership of follow on sales, and enhancing probability of follow on sales success through excellent project delivery, customer relationships & satisfaction.
- Driving key change initiatives across the global Space business.
- Providing accurate and timely information on performance to the business.
- Being an active member of the group programmes leadership community.
- Provide an environment of continuous improvement and development
- Inspirational leadership style
- Excellent communication skills, combined with technical experience.
- A people focused leader, developing our teams and making to enhance their careers
- Ensuring all projects and programmes are managed in accordance with our Operating Framework
- Cash collection of customer milestones
- Demonstrable success in defining and delivering successful large scale programmes,
- Demonstrable success in the control, management and improvement of financial performance of a portfolio
- Demonstrable success in leading teams and delivering business improvement
- Demonstrable success in managing a diverse stakeholder community on complex projects and programmes.
- Association for Project Management qualification or equivalent.
- P&L experience and/or budgeting.
- Dutch and English speaker
- Space domain experience is highly desirable
- Solution and outcome orientated
- Successful business leadership in a large matrix organisation
- Successful negotiation of major and complex commercial opportunities
- French speaker