Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client we are looking for a business-oriented Sales Director to grow our clients’ customer base internationally. You will be responsible for leading and driving sales, strategically and operationally in the finance industry, particularly relating to Environmental and Social Guidance (ESG) metrics.
Adopting a hands-on customer relationship development approach and comfortable adding value to C-level and Capital Markets teams, you will focus on generating business from both current and new customers while strengthening our external facing sales and marketing support infrastructure.
- Marketing – use rigorous, fact-based analysis to understand market needs, develop situational awareness of regulatory and competitive dynamics, position the company products and services, identify and develop channels to market, and target customers.
- Customer development – work customers from first contact, through awareness-building, generation of interest, decision-making and action.
- Sales process – lead the internal team in preparing proposals, managing technical and commercial exchanges, negotiating contracts, closing sales, and providing after-sales support.
- Sales and marketing channel development – work with the VP Sales & Marketing to develop our sales and marketing network, both within your region or sector, and across the business.
- Work closely with the President, VP of Analytics, VP of Sales and ESG Sales Engineer to develop solutions tailored to the needs of the financial and investment community.
- Travel locally and internationally (average 1 week per month) for conferences, meetings, etc. (COVID-19 restrictions apply)
- Intimate understanding of ESG metrics and how they are used by companies and the finance industry
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable executive clients (CFO, IR, Corporate Secretary, Head of Sustainability, General Counsel)
- Understanding of the Greenhouse Gas emissions initiatives across industries and the value of emissions capture in the current environment
- Strong experience with negotiations, bids, tenders, contracts, and proposals
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines and respond quickly to management and client requests
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization
- Flexibility, adaptability, autonomy, and multi-tasking ability
- Hands-on and self-driven problem-solver
- Team player: collaborative, transparent and open
- Career path with demonstrated success and increasing responsibilities, particularly in a sales and marketing role
- Entrepreneurial energy and determination
- Ability to work with team of highly qualified technical experts
- Strong level of Business Acumen – understands what makes a business successful, and the interconnections of functions across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or sciences
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably in financial or investment banking settings
- Impeccable English, fluency in another language is considered an asset
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, and professional market data (i.e: IRI, FactSet, Bloomberg, Capital IQ)
- Must be able to obtain government security clearance