Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
Our client is at the forefront of innovation in the satellite communications industry and are able to offer expertise to design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems, world-wide. Their portfolio of services and technology know-how covers the entire spectrum of any satellite communication project, from market opportunity sizing and end-user requirements down to ground network development, commissioning, and operations.
Our clients’ team is involved in establishing the requirements, design, capacity, performance and resource planning, verification and operation of satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers.
With this in mind, they are expanding their team and are seeking a Junior Satellite Communications Systems Engineer to provide technical and commercial expertise to their customers. The candidate will be responsible for undertaking a variety of communications systems engineering tasks on advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services.
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs.
- End to end communications design and development incorporating RF systems, IP networks, OSS/BSS technology and development to realise end to end service networks.
- Requirements analysis and assessment of supplier solutions to meet communications systems requirements.
- Communications system test strategy development and VV&T plan documentation.
- Preparation of concept of operations and service delivery documentation.
- Liaise with client to develop test plans and procedures and ultimately execute test scripts/ procedures.
- Work with project, product and technical leads, and contractors to understand and suggest improvement to their system.
- Take ownership of specific elements of projects and meet time, cost and quality targets for their delivery.
- Liaise with the project manager and project support staff to enable them to provide effective and informed reporting.
- Plan workday based on client’s availability/ time zone (noting that some clients are based in the US and other international locations).
- Flexibility on working as travel to client’s site may be required to conduct testing.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications). Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- A good overall appreciation of the systems engineering lifecycle, including experience in satcoms systems and a good knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations, payload engineering and system/subsystem and integration testing.
- Experience in IP networking, protocols and security of data.
- Thorough understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development and on to VV&T (Validation, Verification, and Testing).
- Experience in developing requirements systems design documentation, test plans and procedures and operational procedures.
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems (both satellite and ground-based). A proven track record of identifying and solving problems.