Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Lead System Engineer who will be reporting to the Director, Operations Systems. You will manage the development and the implementation of a system requirement process adapted to our environment. When the process is in place, it will be used to support the definition of the requirements needed to support the development of our internal software tools and customer interface web platform.
You will be involved in the elaboration of external/internal user stories from which you will derive high level requirements (HLR) and sub-system requirements. You will also support teams of developers and testers, and all system-level aspects of the Company’s product development activities including system design, planning, implementation, verification, validation and risk management.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of the requirement definition activities and the system processes. He/she will have the capability to adapt this knowledge to our rigorous but uncertified development environment. He/she will also be able to deploy and maintain the system engineering processes along with the required tools through out the company.
- Lead technology development activities
- Implement a robust System Process relative to software development for the company
- Develop user stories, high level system requirements and support decomposition into component and software specifications.
- Support the functions design phase
- From a system standpoint, guide the team responsible for the development and testing of system-level aspects of the Company’s internal and external products
- Support Product owner of client’s Delivery platform
- Provide technical leadership on the product architecture definition
- Support the various product design work shops from which will be derived the System definition
- Collaborate with a team of highly qualified technical experts
- Coaches team members as required to develop their skills and improve their productivity
- Support customer meetings to better understand their demands/requirements
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Interface with several software development teams on various products
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Collaborative and open team player
- Independent and driven, able to operate under tight deadlines
- Flexibility, adaptability, autonomy, and multi-tasking ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant roles
- Strong experience with Engineering Requirements Management such as DOORS or equivalent
- Test-Driven Development mindset involving CI, CD, documentation, iterative deliveries
- Able to obtain Canadian government security clearance
- Entrepreneurial energy and determination