Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Sapienza Consulting has a long heritage within the space sector of over 25 years. During this period we have been the leading provider of workforce solutions and have helped to scale many businesses and agencies throughout the world.
We have again added another exciting New Space venture that are based in the UK. Satellite Vu is a new UK based satellite startup with big ambitions. In under 18 months they will launch their first satellite to help find what’s hot and what’s not – literally. Their satellite will deliver thermal data to be analysed and delivered to customers in lightning quick time. The applications range from detecting plastic in the ocean to discovering those buildings that waste the most energy, and commercial derivatives of these techniques.
Based at WeWork in Aldwich, London, and thoroughly embracing remote working in these times, their team of data scientists, energy traders, GIS experts and tech entrepreneurs are focusing to bring this completely novel new dataset to the market and they are building up their team to do so. Satellite Vu is offering the opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join their rapidly growing team. Satellite Vu is an equal opportunity employer.
About the role
This will be a full-time, permanent role based in our UK office (two days in the office per week, the rest remote).
At Satellite Vu we are a cloud-first company actively developing with cloud in mind. To support this, we’re seeking an Communications Manager.
In this newly created role, the Communications Manager will support the growth of the business by expanding its online presence, brand, recruiting and impact. While also supporting the company in its general marketing, customer lead generation and events strategy.
The role will appeal to a self-starter, with a strong desire to support a new and rapidly growing business that can have a real impact on a global basis. As the company expands, there is the opportunity for this individual to develop their career at a pace within the business.
Reporting and Location
The role reports to the Vice President of Business Development. The location is the company’s offices in central London. There is the opportunity to also be home-based from time to time.
- Support the company objectives of increasing company recognition, marketing and recruitment
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube, adapting content to suit different channels
- Create engaging multimedia content across multiple platforms
- Manage website content and design to ensure delivery of clear and creative content
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics
- Educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within your company (in-house roles)
- Support the sales team with marketing/demand and lead generation efforts
- Support the recruitment efforts, with social media campaigns
- Coordinate the events the company is attending/sponsoring
- Ad-hoc tasks from time to time
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly concerning advertising/branding and customers
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to the use of effective storytelling techniques
- An interest in technology, satellites and applications of data for climate mitigation and industrial applications
- A proven ability to explain complex technical applications into laymen’s language within an engaging and topical narrative
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics
- Online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Motivation and commitment
- Strong self-starter personality, not afraid of being tenacious and resilient
- Desire to learn and work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Product development & product positioning experience
- Sales Ops experience (CRM, collateral development etc)
- Basic video editing experience