Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client we are seeking a hands-on Senior DevOps Developer who will lead the way for our main product DevOps environment. The ideal candidate will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives.
To be successful, you communicate effectively with our development and operations team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of our main web-based product to achieve operational efficiency.
- As part of a team implement DevOps infrastructure projects
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Maintain High Availability of client’s main web-based product
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Secure, scale, and manage Linux virtual environments
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- You are a disciplined practitioner of DevOps philosophy (CI/CD, IaC)
- IaC (Infrastructure of Code) is part of your DNA: Ansible, Terraform
- Application of Observability is part of your process: Metrics, Loggings and Tracings
- SQL has little secret for you (PostgreSQL) but you also like connecting to graphs data (Neo4j)
- You love Linux (Debian) and appreciate the power of scripting languages (Python)
- You would like to build your expertise in GIS (PostGIS, ESRI ArcGIS, NetCDF, HDF5)
- You appreciate the convenience and scalability of Cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Did you already mastered the containers orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)?
- You like learning from others, and autonomously
- You are a self-starter and require a limited supervision/guidance
- 10+ years experience in software development
- Ability to obtain Canadian government security clearances (Canadian Controlled Goods Program)