Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client we are looking to hire Embedded Electronics Engineer who will be based in Monaco, but the candidate may choose to live in nearby France. Only candidates from within Europe will be considered.
As an electronics engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nanosatellite solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for hardware development during all phases of a development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, integration and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, as is common in a start-up environment, tasks may extend beyond the original job description. This allows everyone to gain a better understanding of all aspects of the business – from engineering to sales. Employees are expected to take initiative and be responsible for their own day-to-day planning and workload.
- Working in a small, multidisciplinary team to develop solutions for ongoing and future projects.
- Participating in hardware requirements, design, implementation, and testing discussions.
- Schematic design and layout of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) for digital, analogue and basic RF systems.
- Work with board houses to coordinate fabrication and assembly of new designs.
- Board bring-up and test, including in-house soldering of prototypes.
- Develop assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation.
- Electrical support for spacecraft Assembly, Integration and Test in a cleanroom environment.
- Assessing various project opportunities.
- BS or MS in CPE, EE or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an electronic engineer, preferably in a satellite avionics design capacity.
- Experience with electronics CAD software for schematic capture and layout.
- Experience using standard electrical test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer.
- Knowledgeable about common physical layer protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet).
- Working level understanding of basic RF systems such as modern integrated RF ICs.
- Experience working with flight hardware in a controlled environment (cleanliness and ESD).
- Ability to work methodically in a lab environment to maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Experience with soldering (down to 0402) for prototyping, debug and board modifications as needed.
- Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Professional use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
- Ability to travel and work at partners’ or customers’ locations (infrequently).
- Experience with the full development cycle of a CubeSat mission.
- Good connections within the CubeSat community.
- Conversational French is a plus.
- Amateur Radio license holder is a plus.
- Enjoys outreach activities.