Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, a well-funded new UK based satellite start-up with big ambitions that is also backed by pre-eminent space industry investors, we are seeking an experienced GIS Developer to join their team and contribute by proactively supporting the growth of the business by expanding its online presence, brand, recruitment and impact – while also supporting the company in its general marketing, customer lead generation and events strategy.
- Create mock-ups and prototypes of potential customer solutions for demonstration purposes
- To work as part of a team responsible for the development and maintenance of systems and tools for large-scale satellite data processing as well as supporting wider GIS projects and tasks
- Support the creation of a data fusion storage architecture
- Feed into the overall design of the technical system architecture
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Relevant experience in remote sensing, mapping and/or cartography
- Used GDAL, OGR (either as standalone utilities or Python packages)
- Experience in geospatial Python libraries e.g., Shapely, Rasterio
- Experience in raster and vector formats e.g ESRI Shapefiles, GeoTiff, COGs
- Experience of image processing and GIS Software packages, e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, SNAP, ENVI
- Experience in geospatial databases and their implementations (Postgres / PostGIS)
- Knowledge of how to scale code with cloud computing resources, e.g. AWS
- Practical experience in solving problems by exploiting large cloud-based datasets
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.