Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Earth Observation
About this job
Sapienza Consulting has a long heritage within the space sector of over 25 years. During this period we have been the leading provider of workforce solutions and have helped to scale many businesses and agencies throughout the world.
One of our more established customers who are the global leader in high-resolution remote-sensing of greenhouse gas from space are seeking an experienced Avionics Developer to join the team. This person will have several years of experience in embedded or low-level development.
- Design, Develop, Test, Debug and Commission firmware components of satellite payloads
- Develop, Test and Debug aircraft payloads
- Design, Develop, Test and Debug Camera API, GUI and Characterization frameworks supporting different models
- Continuously improve the High Availability, quality, robustness, and recoverability of these critical systems
- Propose and Develop innovative yet simple solutions and improvements to the product-line
- Collaborate actively with stakeholders: partners, subcontractors and technical groups
- 5+ years experience in embedded or low-level development: drivers, libraries, apps, signal processing, connectivity chipsets and buses
- You have written, tested or debugged Linux kernel drivers or FPGA logic
- You love debugging problems in complex systems.
- You are comfortable with two of these languages: Bash, C/C++, Rust, Ocaml
- You are comfortable in Python
- You’ve played with containers, qemu and CI/CD systems
- You know how to balance priorities between features, bug-fixes, tests and documentation
- You are used to Agile/iterative development methodologies yet can write requirements for subcontractors and hardware developers
- You know how to learn from others, and learn fast autonomously
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering
- Fluency in English or French
- Ability to obtain Canadian government security clearances (Canadian Controlled Goods Program)
Nice to Have
- Experience with functional languages (OCaml, Haskell, Scala, etc.) or Rust
- Experience with Cameras, RF applications, Computer Vision
- Understanding of typical SoC architecture
- Experience writing Web backend API
- Experience with Real-Time applications & RTOS
- Interest in remote sensing systems and space
For information on how we process the personal data in your application, please see the Sapienza Privacy Statement.