Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client we are looking for Project Manager who will provide the vision for multiple simultaneous projects. You will anticipate and overcome obstacles, discern between the critical and non-critical, provide guidance to the team, focus the suppliers, and maintain relationships of collaboration and trust with their customers.
In this position, you will play a key leadership role for projects such as:
- Quantum key encryption processing
- Payload processing for specialized cameras
- Software-Defined Radios (SDR)
- On-Board Computers (flight controls)
- Lunar lander robotic arm controllers
- Lunar rover radio controllers
- Innovative new Xiphos products (Q-cards, IP Cores, …)
In all these projects, Xiphos develops the hardware, FPGA logic, and software, to deliver either a turnkey solution or a sub-system to their customers, upon which they can host their unique applications.
- Lead multi-disciplinary development efforts to meet technical, schedule, and cost requirements. The majority are fixed price in nature.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution.
- Negotiate and agree with the customer on achievement of key requirements and objectives of the project.
- Maintain hands-on control of the project through a process of regular project reviews, design reviews, staff meetings, and other project meetings.
- Maintain project visibility at the customer level through regular technical, management, and progress meetings. Liaise with customers to maintain effective relationships to instill and enhance the customer’s confidence in Xiphos’ ability to deliver.
- Maintain a team of capable subcontractors and suppliers.
- Minimum 2 years management experience is mandatory, including leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- 7 years of direct experience in design and development of mission-critical applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, electrical, software, computer, or other relevant engineering field.
- Must be able to obtain Canadian government security clearance (essential).
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Experience in all phases of a program life cycle, including program planning and execution, design and development, manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices along with experience with MS Project, risk management, subcontract management.
- Areas of specific knowledge that are desired include: digital electronics, embedded software, space, aerospace.
- Experience with government space agency programs is desirable.