Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
We are working with another new venture in Europe that is developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global changes. Our client aims to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions. This is a vital time during their growth where they need to hire an experience mid level systems engineer who has at least five years experience working on Earth observation missions.
As Space Systems Architect, you will define Earth observation missions that make a difference to the way we protect our planet. You will support the development of these missions to ensure that they continue to support our business plan.
- Define mission requirements and CONOPS for the satellite system
- Work with the commercial team to define parameters such as priority geographical areas of interest and data generation.
- Define satellite orbital parameters, revisit rates, ground segment requirements, data rates, spectral resolutions, spacecraft mass and lifetimes.
- Act as customer to the Space Systems Team ensuring that the system they deliver will meet the mission requirements.
- Perform system modelling as necessary to define mission requirements and produce performance predictions.
- Bachelor’s level degree (BAC+3), in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years’ experience as a mission architect or systems engineer for Earth observation space missions
- Experience with mission simulation software
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Willing to put in the effort when needed to deliver within tight deadlines
- The working language of the company is French, however a working proficiency in English is an advantage for interfacing with suppliers and partners from other countries