Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a tpgroup company is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our Canadian client GHGSat, we are looking for a Project Manager in Analytics to plan projects based on several factors: breakdown structures, cost and schedule control and risk management. Your mission will be to lead the execution of technical projects and team coordination. You would focus on technical reviews and program evaluations.
Reporting to the VP of Analytics, you will work closely with data analysts, algorithm developers, software developers and contractors to ensure analytics projects run efficiently, on time and within budget.
- Plan projects based on work breakdown structures, cost and schedule control, risk management.
- Lead the execution of technical projects of varying risk and complexity.
- Coordinate teams of highly-qualified technical staff and contractors
- Lead technical reviews (e.g. Kick off meeting, Design Review, , Systems Requirements Review, etc.) and program evaluations
- Track project milestones, deliverables, invoicing and receipts
- Perform programmatic analysis and reporting internally and with customers
- Function effectively in an environment where tight deadlines and a high level of pressure are the norm
- Review, analyze and update contractual documents
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- Must be able to obtain Canadian government security clearances (Industrial Security Program and Canadian Controlled Goods Program)
- Formal training in Project Management obtained at university, or any other applicable training in Project Management, or a recognized project management certification
- Experience in project management of research & development projects
- Experience in evaluating and analyzing analytic, engineering or operations problems and in making recommendations
- Experience in project contract management, including the assessment of the work of contractors
- Experience in dealing with technical or management staff of contractor firms and other parties
- Experience in government contract management and project management
- Experience in managing functional or matrix personnel in a project, technical or scientific development, or operations environment
- Knowledge of national and international industries and organizations involved in the space fields
- Experience in establishing and managing partnerships
- Ability to communicate effectively
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes and their relation to project life cycle
- Knowledge of federal government information sources, regulations, directives, policies and guidelines governing contract management and project management, such as Treasury Board, Public Works and Government Services, and Department of National Defense or other federal departments
- Knowledge of Remote Sensing or Earth Observation satellite systems
- Knowledge of sciences and space exploration or of scientific satellites systems or space exploration