Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering Telecommunications Engineering
About this job
As an experienced SatComs Solution Architect you will support key system design, system analysis, major bids, implementation, and testing of military satellite communications networks including satellites built to civil and military specifications. These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellites and include the use of existing commercial satellite systems to augment core military satellite constellations. As a skilled solution architect, you will join an existing satellite communications team. This role will typically be required to work with multiple customers on their projects. The candidate will have an excellent understanding of satellite and network projects at both system and subsystem levels, incorporating space and ground segments.
- Analysing customer requirements that involved complex technical aspects and trade off studies.
- Designing, developing and preparing system designs.
- Chairing design reviews.
- Ground segment engineering, solution development, documentation and test scripting.
- Approving supplier technical proposals.
- Technical Project Management.
- Leading meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
- Reviewing and providing commentary on existing customer analysis and documents as well as supporting due diligence activities
- Preparing inputs for RFI responses, commercial proposals and quotations.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject; equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- At least seven years’ experience ideally gained in the satellite communications or associated industry.
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development.
- Thorough understanding of satellite systems and associated engineering concepts.
- Must have experience in IT, particularly as it applies to satellite communications and networking. Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based operating system installation and configuration.
- Must be proficient in the development of maintenance documentation and support programmes for developed solutions based on OEM component documentation.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges and issues and to report upon and present Key Performance Indicator and Service Level Agreement information.
- Technical Project Management experience.
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients.