Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
You can join our team in supporting system design, system analysis, major bids, implementation, and testing of military satellite communications networks including satellites built to civil and military specifications. These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellite, whilst also supporting experimental work using nano-satellites.
As an experienced Solutions Architect you will join an existing team using your excellent understanding of satellite projects (ideally nano-satellite) at both system and subsystem levels, incorporating space and ground segments, with experience conceiving solutions and leading a team to deliver them.
- Analyse customer requirements that involved complex technical aspects and trade off studies.
- Design, develop and prepare system designs for GEO and non-GEO/LEO/CubeSats constellations and their associated test environments.
- Ground segment engineering, development and test.
- Technical Project Management.
- Lead meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
- Review and provide commentary on existing customer analysis and documents.
- Delivering key work packages.
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject; equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- At least ten years’ experience.
- Thorough understanding of satellite systems and associated engineering concepts.
- Good appreciation of mission design, constellation concepts, environmental effects, orbital mechanics, space regulations.
- Ability to work creatively and methodically to conceive design solutions to mission requirements and constraints, encompassing systems and operations; to direct and evaluate the work of other design engineers.
- Experience of decomposing system solutions, managing their development, and managing subsystem acceptance, qualification and integration.
- Experience of specifying systems for procurement and with the process of technically engaging and evaluating suppliers, and of technically managing suppliers during development.
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development, integration and on to VV&T; depth of understanding to tailor standards appropriate to the project and organise team engineering activities accordingly.
- Experience with ESA project and documentation processes and familiarisation with ECSS and other standards.
- Experience in producing feasibility and trade-off studies.
- Technical Project Management experience.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations to customers and other clients.