Field(s) of expertise
Earth Observation Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space and Remote Sensing technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer. You will be combating climate change first hand by working with our client who provides a satellite-based methane monitoring service. This service allows worldwide regulators and emitters to assess and reduce their emissions.
Your mission as an Embedded Software Engineer will place you working on the payload design team. Here, you will be developing, integrating and testing platform and application software. This software operates critical logic, sensors and optical systems on our client’s GESat satellite constellations.
- Defining the methane payload System on Chip (SoC) -based Data Processing Unit (DPU) architecture
- Work collaboratively with internal system, optical, and software engineers to build critical data-processing functions ranging from compression algorithm to automatic cloud detection features
- Work collaboratively with external staff and suppliers to lead software implementation, hardware integration, test plan, and end-to-end validation
- Implement high-efficiency data flow between FPGA fabric, software layers, networking and storage peripherals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in systems-level C (kernels, device drivers, hypervisors)
- Good understanding of boot loaders, UBoot, Linux kernel, etc
- Good understanding of embedded software principles and ability to contribute in design sessions
- Good knowledge of FPGA SoC platforms, software development, networks, and electronics
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing