Our client is developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global changes. Their first mission is to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions.
The company is in early growth stage and this is a very exciting time to get onboard. We are seeking a space systems engineer who has experience in both ground and space segment engineering.
As End-to-End Systems Engineer, you will drive the design, engineering and deployment of satellite systems (including space segment and ground segment) which meet the overall mission requirements including quality, cost and schedule.
• Analysis of mission requirements and appropriate flow-down to the constituent elements of the system, ie payload, spacecraft and ground segment.
• Coordination between various technical stakeholders (eg space segment and ground segment, user segment) to confirm the performance of each, and ensure that the overall system will meet the performance requirements, within the launch and operational environments (radiation, mechanical, thermal, lifetime…)
• Take a lead role in design trade-offs, working with technical stakeholders and programme management to ensure that all aspects have been considered.
• Lead system level product reviews (eg critical design reviews, flight readiness reviews, etc.) ensuring that technical documentation and presentation are delivered to a high standard.
• Work with programme management to identify and manage risks and opportunities
• Masters level degree (BAC+5), in an engineering discipline such as space engineering.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years’ experience as a systems engineer for complex space missions
• Experience in system architecture, and engineering. Experience in validation, test and verification is an advantage.
• Experience in both ground segment and space segment engineering is a strong advantage.
• Experience in Earth observation missions is an advantage.• Experience using requirements management tools is an advantage
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
• The working language of the company is French, however a working proficiency in English is an advantage for interfacing with suppliers and partners from other countries.