Field(s) of expertise
Earth Observation Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Sapienza Consulting, a Serco company, is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space and Remote Sensing technologies surrounding earth observation.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Ground Segment Engineer. You will be combating climate change first hand by working with our client who provides a satellite-based methane monitoring service. This service allows worldwide regulators and emitters to assess and reduce their emissions.
Your mission as a Ground Segment Engineer will place you responsible for definition, development and implementation of the constellations of methane emission detection satellites.
- Participation in the definition of the ground segment system architecture (mission centre, control centre and user centre)
- Participation in trade-offs in order to define a system that will meet the needs of our mission (planning, costs, quality)
- Development of specification documents and interfaces for our client’s suppliers and collaborators
- Preparation of tenders for the suppliers and selection of potential suppliers
- Monitoring of suppliers during the development phase
- Master’s Degree (BAC+5) in a discipline like Space Systems Engineering, Software Development or similar
- 5 years of experience in the space industry, including an engineering role for an earth observation ground segment or low orbit system
- Experience in control and/or command centres and mission centres is nice to have
- Experience with requirements management software
- Fluent in French and English