Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Sapienza, a Serco company, is working with many exciting new ventures around the world involved with innovative New Space technologies surrounding earth observation. On behalf of our Canadian based client, who is the global leader in high-resolution remote sensing of greenhouse gas from space we are seeking an Account Executive (Oil and Gas) for their satellite derived methane monitoring products. These products help companies across commercial sectors identify and analyze methane gas emissions helping them proactively mitigate and manage the risk of loss of their valuable product.
As an Account Executive (Oil and Gas), you’ll be spearheading initiatives selling their solutions, along with their vision of helping the customers dramatically reduce the risks and impact of methane gas emissions across key verticals. We’re looking for those who love building new relationships with senior business owners and decision makers (CTOs, CEOs, Heads of Operations and Business Unit owners) about using their monitoring and data solutions and running the overall strategic relationship with these customers (including white space identification, contract negotiations, etc.)
- Prospecting and handling high-value prospects and customers. You will contribute to the fast-growing business, and source new opportunities to provide client’s solutions.
- Driving opportunities for product use cases around data, analytics, and emissions monitoring.
- You will contribute to the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. Help build customer trust and their solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or other relevant background.
- 1-3 years experience selling SaaS solutions into commercial sector.
- Experience with selling Data and Business Analytics solutions.
- Hands-on, passionate, and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success, focusing on creating value.
- Previous SDR/BDR experience.
- Strong understanding of metrics and KPIs.
- Highly visible, excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence.
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an enterprise’s emissions solutions’ needs and guide them to a technical solution.
- Ability to learn, embrace change, and be a team player.
Traits of Great Account Executives:
- Fluent with technology – Must be comfortable with both using and selling the technology.
- Understands the value of the product – Can convince prospects of the true value of the technology.
- Knows the ideal customer profile inside and out – Knows how to look for specific customer characteristics.
- Values long-term customer success – Always looking to help the business succeed overall, not just them.
- Always minimizes discounts – Reps who focus on the value of the product, not the price.
- Understands venture capital and how it impacts working for a VC back company – Great SaaS sales reps can reassure prospects that their business will be there tomorrow, next month, and years from now.
- Creates strong connections with customers – Great written and verbal skills – The best SaaS sales reps can engage prospects through email and the phone almost as well as traditional reps can close deals in person.