Sapienza is seeking an experienced Earth Observation Data Scientist who can build Full-Stack analysis solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.) The incumbent will work closely with the business team on developing new solutions to practical problems.
• Proven relevant industry/academia experience.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong Python skills.
• Strong statistical analysis skills.
• Experience developing machine learning based models.
• Experience working with as many of the following libraries: GDAL, Tifffile, Rasterio, Geopandas, Shapely, Fiona, Cartopy, Xarray, Iris, netCDF4, AWS CLI.
• Experience working with (open) EO data.
• Ability to have technical conversations in English.
Advanced degree (MSc, or PhD) in any relevant computational field (Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Physics, etc.)
Experience in any of the following: TensorFlow, Pytorch, D3.js, React, Typescript, Julia.
Relevant first author work published in a peer-reviewed venue.
Japanese language fluency.