Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
We are recruiting a Programme Management Support Engineer recruiting to work at our Customer’s Site (EUMETSAT) with the Department of Programme Preparation and Development (PRD). The Department:
- designs and establishes cost effective operational meteorological satellite systems,
- prepares new programmes and manages their design, development and validation,
- manages cooperation with partner agencies regarding development, procurement and delivery of spacecrafts and instruments,
- ensures implementation of the EUMETSAT Management System and programme management, system and ground segment development processes, methodologies and tools.
Within this scope, the Programme Management Support Engineer will support a (few) specific mission(s) as well as provide support at Department level:
- Contribution to the regular execution of Programme Management tasks in the Programmes and at cross-Programme level
- Contribute to the Department and Programmes Risk Management process
- Contribute to maintaining the required efficiency of Programme Management tasks at Programmes and at cross-Programme level
Programme Management Support to Development Programmes.
At the moment these tasks will be primarily in support of the EPS-SG programme which completed phase C in 2020 with System and Ground Segment Critical Design Review (CDR), and currently is in the frame of the D/ E1 Phases with a targeted launch of the first satellites in 2023 and 2024.
- Contribute to the Risk Management process, including:
- Tracking risks, analysing and reporting critical issues and supporting the close out of risk mitigation activities;
- Where requested, coordinating the preparation of the risk Sessions and maintaining/updating the assigned Risk database
- In view of the project schedule update and of the critical path analysis, provide input to identified interfaces;
- Contribute to harmonized weekly salient, by consolidating input from teams and combining the reporting of the activities into a consolidated weekly report;
- Contribute to harmonized monthly reporting, by consolidating input from teams and combining the reporting of the activities into a consolidated monthly report;
- Provide KPI inputs related to the assigned tasks (e.g. Risk Management, Actions Management), as appropriate, on a monthly basis in view of issuing the Programme Monthly reports; use of the collaboration platform Confluence is possible.
- Prepare presentations and synthesised status reports for internal (e.g. report to senior management) and external purposes Contribute to the preparation and execution of the Programme/Project Reviews, providing input on the assigned tasks and, where requested, coordinating the management standpoint;
- Contribute to the Action Management and regular check of the action status by using of the JIRA action tracking system
- Track actions analysing and reporting critical issues and support the close out of such actions;
- Participate in team management meetings and in meetings with partner agencies, contractors, internal stakeholders, etc. as appropriate;
- Co-ordinate and maintain, in coordination with the project control team, the Project Management Plan, Team Organisation Chart, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Work Packages, Product Tree, and related documents;
- Update the relevant Management documentation with particular focus on the acceptance process delivery
- Contribute to follow up subsystem development activities; monitor deliverables to and from EUMETSAT’s partner agencies and industry, and support the review of deliverables;
- Track progress against agreed development plans and signal any likely or identified deviations from these plans, together with proposals to reduce the impact of any delays; this includes the review of the progress reports delivered by system/subsystems/subsegments/services (e.g. work package status and trackers)
- Support the control of the baseline definition (including evaluation of Change Requests, Change Proposals, Requests for Waiver / Deviation, etc.);
- Support on a case by case basis, as requested and appropriate, the other Programmes within the relevant division in Project management support activities.
Programme Management Support to PRD Department
In the context of the tasks to be performed at PRD department level, within the PRD Programme Management Office (PMO):
- Support the review – at monthly intervals – of the programme & PRD risk registers allowing to identify the risk level in the various programmes, including maintenance of the relevant dashboard;
- Contribute to the organisation and execution of department Integrated Schedule process meetings, as appropriate; where requested, coordinate input with programmes and other departments.
- Maintain harmonized weekly & monthly reporting at PRD level combining the reporting of the programmes;
- Contribute to the maintenance and update of the reporting model, based on collaboration platform
- Contribute to the harmonization and continuous improvement of KPI throughout PRD divisions and department;
- Coordination of the actions management process for the PRD department: follow-up, status overview, monitoring of critical issues and harmonized dashboard widgets for programmes;
- Contribute to the maintain and improvement of the action tracking system JIRA and the community collaboration platform Confluence for salient/weekly and monthly reporting;
- Contribute to the maintenance and update, as appropriate, of department Programme Management templates, including PM DRDs, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Product Tree, Documents Tree and related documents;
- University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience performing project management activities on large and complex development projects in the aerospace (or similar) domain;
- Demonstrated experience of defining system interactions and successfully implementing them in a large project
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and processes;
- Knowledge of systems development lifecycle;
- Ability to make synthesis from various written or verbal inputs;
- Computer skills with strong experience with/ability to use MS Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, etc.)
- Experience of working on a collaborative programme between different partners
- Certification in project management or in project management disciplines will be considered a strong asset;
- Experience of Space programmes Ground Segment development and/or Earth Observation systems development will be considered an asset;
- Fluency in English;
- Good interpersonal skills, have a systematic approach to work, be able to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) are important